- First Stop, London: I am sure there is a kickoff event in London but my pals are taking care of that. Then we are driving a car painted with sunflowers to Arles, in the south of France for the Photography Festival:
EXHIBITIONS : 01 JULY -> 22 SEPTEMBER
OPENING WEEK : 01 -> 07 JULY
- 2nd stop along the way may be Auvers-sur-Oise(Hotel where Vincent died),
- Giverny(Monet lived)
- St.Remy, the Assylem
- Arles The Yellow House June 31-July 10 (Largest Photography Exhibition in the world)
- Nancy, in the Leon region I hope to meet the famous sculptour Remus Botar Botarro who is called the next Brancusi. Remus called me on the phone 2 weeks ago while I was working at Ryans Daughter. Remus said that he has a place for me and my work in his museums in London and Paris. We met by chance in 2016. I believe the reason he offered me this chance of a lifetime was because of our short conversation on the street of Edinburgh, I did not know who he was, he asked me if I copy Van Gogh’s Style? My response was, I have no idea what happens when the pen is put to the paper, the creative process is something magical and if anyone tells you they know what it is they are lying …. he left and came back in 45 minutes … introduced himself, gave me his card and then offered me the chance Van Gogh Never got, a space to show his work. (I cried, sweetly)
- next is Mons Belgium for July 27 event
- Edinburgh July 31- Aug 28 100 shows in 25 days.
- Walter The Wanderer is 25 performances of the 100 I’ll be doing a colour along and also (Relaxed Performances) for children and adults on the spectrum
- Morecambe, Vintage Fest Aug 31
- Flight Sept 11 London to NYC
Hello, I was responding to a request for information for an upcoming live drawing event. I wanted to pass this along to internet travelers. Cheers, Walter and Vincent
In NYC You can find him performing the Van Gogh Experience at The Met and The MoMa. Walter has received 50 – 5 Star Reviews for his NYC Museum Experiences in his 1st year.
Picture taken in Morecambe, UK of a fan wearing my BeSpoke Leather Jacket
A lot has happened in the last 3 weeks and I am now looking at my last week in London and the UK. Here is a #runDown and a #runUp of things that came and things that are to be #VGFY #GetDrawnIn.
- March 1st – 6 performances of 15 shows in 2 Days for The 3rd Annual Unofficial Upper East Side EdFest
- March 2nd 9 performances of the 15 shows in 2 Days for The 3rd Annual Unofficial Upper East Side EdFest
- March 3 Flight to London
Something is wrong.Instagram token error.Load More
- March 5-10 Fly to Arles
- March 9 Arles Sculpture unveiling of Anthony Padgett’s bust of Van Gogh
- I met the Author of Van Gogh’s Ear Bernadette Murphy and we rode to see some Almond trees in Bloom
- March 9 Documentary Premier release of Van Gogh Find Yourself by Jordi Busquets
- March 10 Make the Sunday Newspaper in Arles – 2 articles
- March 10 Fly to London for SOLD OUT @Draper Hall
- March 11 Morecambe trip with Walter The Wanderer
- March 12 School Shows 20 Min.
- March 12 School Shows 30 Min.
- March 12 School Shows 30 Min.
- March 14 BBC Lancashire interview and Portrait drawing at The Re Store.
- March 14 Walter The Wanderer children’s book reading
- March 14 Westend Impact VGFY show.
- March 14 SOLD OUT VGFY at Alt Space
- March 19th Life Drawing Amsterdam
- March 26 London
- Filming with Team Beswick and Pye following the footsteps of Van Gogh.
- March 29-30 USA, Cincinnati (Collaboration)
- Performance & Time Arts (PTA) series (Collaboration)
- March 29 London: filming a Documentary and Fundraiser
- We will be at the house of an artist friend … a Documentary on the eviction of himself and other artists by The Lambeth Council. The artist ironically sad but actually has a photo of his work ion the Lamp Posts in a neighboring council.
- March 30 at 7 am BBC RADIO David & Carrie Grant Click to Listen 3 tickets will be given away on the air for March 31 #vgfy performance portrait and Exhibition
- March 30 @ 3:33pm Walk over to Van Gogh Walk to Beat Van Gogh In BasketBall win 3 tix to #VGFY Show, a portrait and the EY Exhibit on March 31
- March 30 Paint Jam London Secret space revealed 48 hours before event.
- March 31st London Tate Britain
- Van Gogh Find Yourself at the Tate EY Exhibit
- I have purchased 8 tix and I have 6 tickets left available for admission. The cost to Monsieur Van Gogh was £22.00 for each ticket.
- Do you think I can give a few away on Air?
- April 2 London Pay What You Want
- POUND CAFE Brixton Show 3 pm Coffee, Portraits & Van Gogh @ Pound Cafe
- April 2 London Pay What You Want April 2
- POUND CAFE Brixton Show 7-9 pm Van Gogh Find Yourself at Pound Cafe #PWYW #VGFY
April 3 – London April 3 -4
NYC April 4 Van Gogh Find Yourself @ The MET
APRIL 4th JOKEOKE
April 5 Van Gogh Find Yourself @ The MET 1130 am
APRL 5 Van Gogh Find Yourself @ The MET 2:00pm
22/7/2018 London: I landed at Heathrow early on Monday, went to Slough and had a nice breakfast with Gerard and his Mum. It is nice to be picked up from the airport by a friendly face, Gerard. I met Gerard at the Orlando International Fringe in May. Fringe friends. I cant say more. Amazing.
In London I am an Artist in Residence at Cafe Van Gogh in Brixton. I sketch when I stop in, have a meal and I feel at home.
Dan and Venus 24-7-18 @CafeVanGoghBrixton
Van Gogh Walk is around the corner as well as The Van Gogh House on 87 Hackford Rd.
I rode by on my bike and the house is under renovation. My tire suddenly went flat so I had to stay a bit anyway.
This is a Historic Site.
‘VINCENT VAN GOGH, 1853 – 1890, Painter, lived here 1873 – 1874’
The people involved in the renovations are TOPS. Connor from Cork (another Ginger), chatted with me, we took a selfie and then he said that Livia was stopping by in a minute.
Livia is the architect and she showed me the inside of the house. The Garden is gutted and the house still has support beams holding up the ceiling on each floor of the house. Wallpaper is peeled, old newspapers from the 1950’s are strewn about and I could see the view from the window and imagine Vincent peacefully gazing out the window. Climbing the steps and then of course asking the landlady’s daughter for her hand in marriage, but alas, Vincent was too late as someone had beat him to the proposal.
The renovations will bring about an artist residency. Surreal to say the least and also effortless in a way. Timing is everything.
On Wednesday I went to see Bat Outa Hell and Meatloaf was in the audience. Peter Michael Marino just landed and my friends in London, James and Diana had an extra ticket for Peter. YAY.
Diana just hot a wonderful note in her photography as she released never before seen photos of Amy Winehouse.
In 2004, photographer Diane Patrice visited a flat in Camden to document ‘a day in the life’ of the singer-songwriter behind one of the most recognisable voices in British music
Diane is such a nice person as well. I am so happy for her. I remember the year before we all celebrated my birthday and I never felt alone in a distant city.
After the show Bat Outa Hell, I picked up my bike at the Brixton Bicycle
I then went to draw at the Cafe and met some more amazing people. Will was doing a show at 9pm at Cafe Van Gogh.
He is a master and also a trooper. It was a bit Hot Hot Hot upstairs. Great times and good laughs.
Today I am posting this UPDATE and performing in Peter’s ALL-STAR READING of Desperately Seeking The Exit.
Is this real? Pinch me please. I am looking to come back in March for the opening of the Tate Museum’sVan Gogh Exhibition, The renovations are also planning to be done, fingers crossed, to coincide with the Tate’s Van Gogh Exhibition opening.
Tuesday’s Link for tickets:
2pm + 4pm + (6p+8p Shows SOLD OUT )
standing room only
Next up 1-August Edinburgh arrival from London on the train.
Have you always wanted to meet a famous artist? Now you can. I will portray Vincent Van Gogh and guide you through the Metropolitan Museum of Art to talk about my paintings displayed inside. As Vincent, I will talk about certain aspects of each of my paintings in the museum, and we may see some of my friends’ artwork in the Met as well. After about an hour in the museum, we will have lunch or a snack. At this time I will draw your portrait.
Quick Dish NY: The Second “Unofficial Upper East Side EdFest” February 24 & 25 at Ryan’s Daughter
Always wanted to go to Edinburgh Fringe but were deathly afraid of the TSA? No worries! You can enjoy twelve diverse shows that rocked the Edinburgh Festival Fringe at the second Unofficial Upper East Side EdFest! February 24th and 25th Peter Michael Marino, Harmon Leon, and Walter Michael DeForestpresent a unique theatrical experience, taking over the intimate second floor of the historic Ryan’s Daughter in NYC for 2 glorious days. Enjoy everything from solo comedies to fake tribute bands offering up encore performances of shows that played in 2017 at the acclaimed world’s largest arts festival. But that’s not all! You can also enjoy revivals of shows from 2012-2016, and previews of new shows headed to Edinburgh in 2018. Woohoo! Just some of the shows you’ll be privileged to attend include Paul Valenti’s “The Long Miserable Journey to Happiness,” Chris Davis’ “Drunk Lion,” Adam & Jenny’s “Pop Filter,” an All Star Reading of Peter Michael Marino’s “Desperately Seeking the Exit,” Walter Michael DeForest’s “Van Gogh Brunch Yourself,” Christine Holt’s“Domesticated,” Katie Kopajtic’s “Confessions of a Personal Trainer,” and so many more! Don’t miss out!
Mentions: February 24 & 25 from 1:00 p.m. through 11:30 p.m. $10 for each show. $35 Festival Pass.
Ryan’s Daughter is located at 350 E 85th St, NYC 10028 (Q Train at 86 Street). Beer specials courtesy of Coney Island Brewery. Brunch catering courtesy NYC’s go-to for authentic German meat and sausages Schaller & Webber Catering.
I knew that I was going to the largest arts festival in the world and needed guidance. I read and listened to Podcasts about the Edinburgh Festival Fringe … and then the Angels helped me … I took a Boost Camp with Peter Michael Marino to learn everything you need to know about going to EdFringe.
Through Peter Michael Marino’s Boost Camp: